How to Clean a Bathtubs
Cleaning of the bathtub is more than a duty; it’s a necessity! Therefore, it’s expedient that you learn how to clean it first so that you would be able to carry out the exercise distinctively.
One reason why you should learn how you can clean every section of a bathtub is to prevent causing damages indirectly even in the course of cleaning it. And, this piece would aid.
Indeed, that’s why you need this piece to understand the full ideology. The article comprises helpful tips that would aid you to clean your bathtub without causing any damage to it.
With this piece, you can learn how to clean the fiberglass bathtub, bathtubs in a dilapidated house, and so on. It’s an exclusive report that’s well researched, and you would find it versatile to use.
Make sure, however, that you learn how to clean a bathtub by checking all the segments below:
5 Things to Consider about How to Clean a Disgusting Bathtub
It’s irrational for one’s tub to become disgusting even while the one is using it perpetually. However, what causes ‘disgust’ gunk on the bathtub is when it has been abandon for a long time.
In some cases where one has pets are living around the house. Pets could be naughty at times and decide to mess up the bathtub.
Whatever the case may be; as long as the bathtub becomes messy and looks disgusting, you have to imbibe the methodology of how to clean a disgusting bathtub.
First thing first; remove the materials, debris, and other things that make the bathtub dingy by sweeping them off. At this point, ensure that no water is spewed around so that it won’t make the whole activity hectic and make it even messier.
So, do the cleaning when everywhere is dry. Of course, the needed materials are a broom and waste bin. You have to remove all the dirt from the bathtub entirely before you begin any other thing.
And; while you’re doing that, check the draining terminal. Make sure that neither debris nor particles are clung on the strains.
Provided that you find, you would still have to put your concentration on the removal of those at the superficial first before making attempts in removing those blocking the grids. Once all those are done, then you can move on to the next step.
- At this point, you might need to get the bathtub washed first. You might also need to get the necessities available before you proceed. Check out the systematic approaches to executing this task.
- Get two empty containers filled with water.
- Get a broom or a brush or any object with a Bristol at its top. However, I prefer using broom anyways.
- You need a detergent and a scooper also. These two are required in order, to begin with, the exercise.
- Reach out to any of the filled container (one is enough). Spew the detergent into it and swivel it so that it could be mixed with water.
- After that, scoop some water out of the container that you just spewed the detergent into it and pour the water discreetly and quantitatively as you scrum every nook and cranny of the bathtub with a broom or magic eraser.
- Use the water in the other container to rinse the bathtub when you’re through washing it with the soapy water and broom.
- You don’t need to mix the water up with any substance. Just make use of the water to rinse the bathtub.
- Make use of the same broom to scrum while you pour the water on the bathtub.
- You might need to do this to every nook and cranny of the bathtub. However, you might need to be discreet even more when you’re cleaning the exterior.
- You could use a sponge instead of a broom so that you’d be able to restrict the movement of water flow when cleaning the exterior.
- Ensure that the water runs through the strain so that you could drain the water in the bathtub.
- Using a Cleaner
- Before determining the best cleaner that suits your bathtub, ensure that you find out the material that’s used for the construction of the tub.
- Provided that your bathtub is an acrylic bathtub, then you should buy a cleaner that doesn’t constitute of staunch/harsh chemical. And, that’s because it removes stains easily than Stucco, metals, and so on even without using cleaners.
- They have smooth surfaces, and cleaning them won’t be a problem at all. Therefore, opt for the best product before you begin to clean your bathtub.
- Furthermore, get the strain on the bathtub closed with the stopper while you spray the cleaner on every part of the tub.
- Once that’s done, don’t touch it but leave it for about 10 to 15 minutes. All you have to do is to allow the cleaner to absorb the dirt completely.
- Afterwards, get a sponge and scrub every part of the bathtub that you applied the cleaner. You might need to pour water as you rub the stains off the parts of the tub.
- Safety Precautions
You would need to put on your hand gloves always before you begin to wash your bathtub. And, when using a cleaner with harsh odour, then you might need to safeguard your noses.
Make sure that the cleaner doesn’t come in contact with your skin whenever you’re washing. Adhering to this would keep you safe.
5 Things to Consider about How to Clean a Stained Bathtub
Stains in the real sense don’t mess up the look of things. It could be the spots which have become stuck to the bathtub and cause the tub to become less appealing. Also, stains could be as a result of mistakes.
At times; when a homeowner is refurbishing the house, the paints could mess up the bathtub, and that could prompt the need for cleansing.
Moreover, some stains are removable by the mere pouring of water while some are not. Whichever the situation may be, the use of cleaner makes the removal of stains easy.
All you have to do is get the best bathtub cleaner. Using this piece would even make your work easier. Check out the steps for removing stains below.
- Conventional Method
At times, you have to splash the stained spots with water. And; if the stain seems glued yet, then you could use the traditional method. There’s no complexity with this tactic at all.
All you need is a detergent and some water. Make the water soapy by adding soap to it. Once that’s done, then you can grasp your sponge or magic cleaner. Use either of the two to scrub the spot while you simultaneously pour the soapy water on the place.
Once the gunk is off, you can rinse it with clean water. However, if this method doesn’t work out well, then you can use a cleaner instead.
- Using Greasy Cleaner
- Provided that you’re using either a greasy or homemade watery cleaner such as lemon and bleach, then you can follow the steps that we’ll be providing you below:
- If you’re not using an acrylic bathtub, then you can use any product without restriction as long as it’s recommended by the manufacturer of the tub that you want.
- Get a magic cleaner and the cleaner that you intend using available.
- Identify the stained spots on your bathtub and apply the greasy cleaner on them.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes before you make another attempt.
- Afterwards, use the magic cleaner to scrub the spot off. While you’re doing that, pour some water likewise on the place so that the stains would quickly become cleaned off.
- Using a Powder Cleaner
- You can use comet and any other one that’s apt for your wants. Once that’s done, then get a paste with them also.
- Mix the paste with the powder cleaner that you’ve got available.
- Apply the mixture on the stained spots and leave it for minutes. Leave it until you’re ready to scrub the stain off the bathtub.
- Use the magic cleaner and the water to erase the stains from the spots.
- If the stain is not erased, then you might need to get another more efficient cleaner. Or try again.
- The practise won’t take you a long time at all.
- Safety Precautions
Make sure that you check the recommended cleaners that support the bathtub that you’re using. You can rely on the information that’s provided by the manufacturer to make your purchase.
It’s expedient, however, to purchase a product that neither contains concentrated acids nor chemicals that could make the cleaner caustic.
And, users are expected to put on safety wears before they begin to clean the bathtub with the cleaner. All these would keep anyone safe while cleaning the tub.
You can indulge in these five steps for the removal of stains from the bathtub. The steps are easy to practice, and one can depend on it for a long time.
With the aid of the steps, you can keep the bathtub clean perpetually. It would even aid you to make a good purchase also.
4 Things to Consider about How to Clean a Bathtub with Bleach
I hope you’re aware that bleach is not the solution to the removal of stains from your acrylic bathtub. Other than that, the high acidity of bleach makes it usable for a non-acrylic tub.
Bleach won’t just refurbish the look of your bathtub, but it can serve as a disinfectant also. So, in cases where a tub is about to be sanitized and cleaned at the same time, then bleach should be considered.
Also, in cases whereby the water running is hard water, you would need bleach for the easy removal of buildups and calcium from showerheads and the bathtub itself. So, let’s learn how to clean a bathtub with bleach.
- How to Use Bleach for the Removal of Buildup Deposits
- Notice: What you’d find out first is the limitation of water flow through the pores on the showerhead. Of course, this could be devastating, especially if this is strange to you. Therefore, if this is occurring concurrently, then what you need is to remove the calcium build-up.
- What you would do first is remove the showerhead from the abutment. Indeed, that’s after you must have got the bleach available without diluting it.
- Afterwards, soak it inside the bleach for 30 minutes before removing it. Once the stipulated minutes elapse, transfer the showerhead into the soapy water and scrub off the calcium with the available fibre or brush.
- Rinse it when you’re done and return it where you unlocked it from and reverse the processes so that you can lock it back to its fixed place.
- Try switching on the water again to see if there are changes.
- Cleaning of Pipes with Bleach
- Mix the water in the water source with concentrated bleach.
- Allow the mixed water to run from the source to the other end. Once the mixture is now running mixed water, you might need to switch off at both ends so that the water would remain stagnant in the pipes.
- After you had left it for hours, you might need to unlock the switches so that the mixed water could flow.
- Once the mixed water runs out, then you might need to refill the tank with another so that the water would run as it rinses the bleach out.
- Be discreet with the processes so that you can on the safer side.
- How to Remove Rust with Bleach
Provided you’ve begun to discover the presence of rust on your bathtub; then you might need to identify the spots first. Once that’s done, you can get a cloth and a bleach. Soak the fabric inside the bleach for some hours before you proceed. After that, remove the soaked cloth and squeeze it before you begin to wipe off the rust from the surfaces of the material.
- The Philosophy of Spray and Wipe
Although there are several ways to get stain cleaned from a surface, yet the best approach that you can use is ‘Spray and Wipe.’ The first thing to do is getting a sprayer.
From there, you can fill the sprayer with the cleaner that you’ve purchased. Also, what you might need is a magic eraser or clothes with a thick fibre.
Spray the cleaner on top of the spots while you use the magic eraser to wipe off by moving your hand forth and back continually until you erase the gunk. With this act, you can remove dirt in seconds, trust me.
8 Things to Consider about How to Clean a Fiberglass Bathtub
- Note: The fiberglass should be cleaned often no matter what. It would help in keeping the environment admirable and germ-free.
- What you need to get a fiberglass bathtub cleaned is a baking soda, soapy water, a cloth, and a recommended cleaner. Ensure that you’re not purchasing a product that you can rely on its efficiency.
- Also, make sure that you don’t use a product with a harsh odor. However, opt for one that its scent is pleasurable and soothing. On the other hand, be sure that it can make your fiberglass bathtub glistening.
- The effect of the baking soda is to dilute the bleach so that it won’t streak or damage the fiberglass.
- Mix the baking soda to the bleach/vinegar paste. Apply them on the fiberglass for minutes before you use another set of water to rinse them off entirely.
- You might need to be discreet with the quantity of the baking soda that you need so that you don’t get it wasted: baking soda get useless quickly.
- You can use the avenue to clean other parts of the bathroom so that you can have the best use of the resources.
- Make sure that you adhere to this piece: how to clean a fiberglass bathtub. The instructions that are provided here so that you can get the best use of it.
10 Things to Consider about How to Clean a Bathtub Drain:
- When water is no longer flowing through your drainer as it used to, then it means the bathtub drainer needs to be cleaned.
- Find out what exactly could cause the imperceptions and the blockages in the drainer. You can do it by using a thin material that can penetrate through the pores and the grids.
- If you’ve done that but no magnificent changes, then you might need to remove the drainer itself.
- Use the suitable screwdriver to remove the screws if your drainer has one.
- Get a vinegar available with water in an empty container. That means you’re getting the liquids available in two bottles separately.
- Make sure that you’re wearing your safety wears before you proceed. Afterward, put the removed bathtub drainer in the container filled with vinegar.
- Allow the bathtub drainer to remain unremoved in the vinegar not until after 1 hour.
- After that, remove the drainer and clean it with a sponge before rinsing it.
- Once you’re done, install the drainer back to the designated spot. Then re-attach the stopper if necessary.
- Make sure that you learn how to clean a bathtub drain distinctively before you start cleaning.
We hope that you’ve learned how to clean a bathtub with the aid of this piece. This report has reliable details that you’d love to use. The features cover all aspect of cleaning for tubs, and they are safe to use. We advise you to utilize the information here.